2022 is underway and we haven’t run into one business owner who isn’t insanely busy! It’s easy to start the new year with all the best intentions, but when schedules start to fill up and the days turn chaotic, it’s just as easy to let those goals slip to the wayside.
We’ve compiled some practical tips you can implement all year long that will help your days feel more in control and set you and your business up for success.
- Clean Your Office. There is no better feeling than having a clean (and sanitized!), organized office. Grab the wipes, duster, vacuum, and empty that trash can. Replace wilted plants with fresh plants or new flowers (like orchids that last a long time!). Don’t forget to throw away any papers, sticky notes, and junk mail that has been lying around for some time!
- Organize Your Inbox. It’s time to “unsubscribe” from all those unwanted marketing emails, complete small tasks needing attention, and delete/file all answered emails. If you’re working with a VA, have them set up email folders and filters so that you can limit the visual clutter and focus on important emails that need your attention first.
- Reconcile Your Books Monthly. It’s easy to let bank reconciliation tasks get pushed and then before you know it, it’s tax time and you’re having to backtrack several months. Set up a folder for your annual receipts and manually log them, leverage an expense tracking app like Expensify, or engage with a professional bookkeeper. This will not only make tax time more tolerable, but it’ll also give you a better understanding of your money in real-time, all year long.
- Schedule Time Off. Planning and preparing for time off is important for work-life balance. Look at the quarter ahead and get some out-of-office days on the cal NOW. Making time for yourself, your family, and your friends will allow you to be more focused when you’re on the clock at work.
- Assess Your Efficiency. Where are you spending (i.e. wasting) time? Are there things in your day that can be streamlined with the use of technology, or better yet by delegating to a virtual assistant? If you’re not sure, you may want to spend a week tracking your time and then compile a list of tasks that you aren’t getting to because there isn’t enough time in the day. Efficiency is key to a successful day, quarter, and year.
Want to explore your needs in more detail? Schedule a complimentary consultation with a member of our team here. Together, we can make 2022 your most successful and balanced year yet!